Doctors often tell patients to exercise, but patients may wonder, “Why is regular exercise important?” Because exercise is often hard to fit into our hectic lives, and because many of us are already tired, stressed, and pushed too hard, some people may think it is not worth the effort. Here, First Choice Emergency Room, a freestanding provider of emergency services, addresses some of these issues, and answers the question, “Why is regular exercise important?”
- Exercise is a good way to control weight. The importance of exercise is often addressed when people are trying to lose weight, because engaging in physical activity burns calories. Finding some time to squeeze in a workout is a great idea, but even becoming more active in small ways can help. Park further away from the building, take the stairs instead of the elevator, and make other small changes, and you may see a noticeable difference in your weight.
- Exercise fights disease. Regular exercise can help prevent heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, arthritis, certain kinds of cancer, and more. Why is regular exercise important? It may prolong your life.
- Regular exercisers have a better quality of life. Not only can exercise prolong your life, it can help you enjoy it! Exercising improves your mood, by stimulating brain chemicals that make you feel happier and more relaxed. In addition, it can help you feel stronger and more attractive, improving your self-esteem.
- Stamina can be improved through regular exercise. This is great news, whether you want to take walks with your neighbor, play ball with your grandkids, or even improve your sex life. In fact, if your love life is the issue, exercise can boost not only stamina, but also arousal.
- Exercise actually gives people more energy. Because exercise delivers oxygen and nutrients to your body’s tissues, it can improve your muscle strength and give you the boost you need to get through your day. Too tired to exercise? That’s just when you should!
- Sleepless nights can be managed with exercise. While you shouldn’t exercise close to bedtime, because all that energy will keep you up, exercise has been shown to help people fall asleep faster and stay asleep.
- Exercise can be fun! Almost everyone can find some form of exercise they enjoy. Dance, hike, play tennis, or form a walking club. The important thing is that you choose an activity you can do for at least thirty minutes, every single day.
Why is regular exercise important? Because it can make you stronger, healthier, and happier. Even healthy lives sometimes encounter illness or accident, though, so if you need emergency care, consider First Choice ER. A freestanding emergency room, equipped to handle both adult and pediatric emergencies. Visit the website to learn more, of connect with the online community on Facebook and Twitter.